Highlights of radio broadcast episode about eCommerce:
- Make a reliable research to protect yourself & your money at the beginning
- Plan tools of PreSale-, Sale- and… PostSale-Experiences
- Take into account the technical aspects of the platforms and options that build a sense of security for the customer
- External credentials increase your credibility by 50%
- The power of FOMO confirmed by the BBC
- Use reports and analysis to improve your business conversion
- Transnational Marketing as a part of eCommerce
The power of RECOMMENDATIONs on Amazon and Trustpilot – repeated as a mantra by DM2Agency and… have a look how some eCommerce businesses desperately execute this:
An investigation by BBC 5 live and consumer group Which? uncovered the trade in false reviews:
- Paid-for, or fake, reviews flout rules set by platforms such as Amazon and Facebook.
- Some online sellers are offering people free goods in return for positive product reviews, e.g. a smartwatch
- After posting a 3-star review with photos customers were told they would not be refunded unless they wrote a five-star review.
Tips: How to spot a fake review
- Do not rely on ratings – delve deeper and read the reviews
- Check the dates – look at when the reviews were posted. If many of them were posted in a short time period, it might mean there has been a push for reviews on Facebook groups or other platforms
- Impartial reviews – click on some reviewers and check their history. Do they give everything five stars?
- Pattern of ratings – are the ratings at different ends of the scale with very little in between? It is rare that people are completely polarised about a product
The business programme on Radio Star “7 Elements in Business”®, hosting by Dorota Iwankiewicz FCIM & Ralph Lightman from Dm2 Agency, is dedicated to all, who work in business on a daily basis: both as owners, but also responsible managers; they are interested in the latest trends, and more importantly, in the proven aspects of business development today and in the future.
Source including Which?, BBC