With Christmas festivities over and New Year Resolutions diets begun, it’s no wonder January is known as the most depressing month of the year. But according to recent research, it’s also the worst month for work habits. A study by Hitachi CIF found that output drops in January, with 26% of people in business saying it’s their least productive month. 61% admit to being distracted by talking to colleagues, and 45% procrastinate on Facebook (hmm). Another study by CharlieHR found workers take 53% more sick days in January, compared to the other 11 months.
The question is: what we can do now to stop losing time & mood and to break unwanted habits?
Firstly, the good news is that… February is coming ? More serious or, as I prefer, more productive – please have a look at these tips how to move forward to the best version of YOU:
- 1. PLANNING: As D. Carnegie said:
“An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.”
The time you spend planning will allow you to accomplish your work more efficiently.
- 2. CHUNKING: Take your various action items and group them together, orienting them toward a common outcome and result. Simply put, chunking is the process of turning more into less!
- 3. PAIN FIRST ?: Get the unpleasant task done first and stick with it until it gets done.
- 4. MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINES: The most successful people in the world have morning and/or night routines that they stick to. This keeps them on task and saves time.
- 5. REVISION: For each goal on your list, ask yourself these questions:
- Is this goal important?
- What part(s) of my life does this goal impact?
- How does this goal support my overall strategies?
- Do I have a plan for achieving this goal? How can I improve it?
It is essential to create a life and business results you love, and the first step is taking time from your busy schedule to do things that make you happy. Anticipating instead of reacting, which is really time-consuming.
Thank you for your time while reading this article? and now it is time to act! I am here to help you.
#NY2019 #NYResolutions #BizCoaching #DevilishMinds2