Why the Ocean is Everybody’s #Business? We know that long-term ocean well-being is vital to societal well-being. The world’s oceans are our greatest common resource to create growth and jobs in areas including food, energy, minerals and transport. And as a #marketing agency, we know how outstandingly you can benefit if you take actions to protect the ocean, in regard to increasing your #Brand Awareness & #BrandImage, building your company’s reputations & #EmployerBranding.
Bear in mind, plastic pollution poses a threat to human health and harms and kills marine life. Scientists estimate that if we don’t change our ways, the ocean will have more plastic by weight than fish by 2050.
DM2Agency team is proud to be a part of celebrating #WorldOceansDay. This year it will be on the 8th of June, but we would like to share with you just now some ideas, tips and actions that should be taken to care about our sensitive oceans.
Whether your company’s business activities are directly linked to the ocean or not, there are many actions you can take that will have a direct impact on promoting a healthier, cleaner, safer and more productive ocean for people and the planet.
- Reduce carbon emissions by making direct operations more energy and fuel efficient – e.g. offices, factories, transportation fleets.
- Remove all single-use plastics from offices, factories, warehouses and retail outlets, such as single-use plastic bags and water bottles. Offer alternatives, and encourage and incentivize your customers and employees to do the same.
- Support research initiatives that improve businesses operations and also benefit the environment and the ocean, as part of your business model to promote new technological solutions.
- Translate ocean science so that it becomes relevant to your business and accessible to your staff and customers.
- Collaborate with other like-minded companies, e.g. #DM2Agency, to call for a level playing field so that businesses are better off without having to compete with companies lagging far behind on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, reducing their environmental impact and ensuring human rights due diligence.
- Raise awareness among consumers and staff about the state of the ocean, and highlight actions that they can take both to protect it and improve understanding.
We can help you to connect your environmental engagement with your business marketing and PR activities. It is a win-win situation. So please, contact us to talk about some ideas.